The hilarious and unconventional Zombieland family is back for a ‘Double Tap’ a decade after their initial film release on October 2, 2009. Zombieland was made notorious in the zom-com genre for intertwining “essential rules” for surviving in the United States of Zombieland. Instead of focusing on how easy it is to die in the case of a zombie apocalypse, Zombieland decided to tell the fans how to actually survive, bringing together with heartfelt moments and a comedy-ridden, twinkie-driven storyline that makes it a crowd favorite.
Now they are back for the sequel, and before its release, here is an extended Flip Screen list of rules for surviving the zombie apocalypse.
Rules Mentioned in Zombieland:
- Cardio – “Zombies lead a very active lifestyle. So should you.”
- Double tap – For moments when you’re not sure the un-dead are really dead, don’t waste bullets and aim for the head.
- Beware of bathrooms – “When you’re at your most vulnerable, somehow they could just smell it.”
- Seatbelts – Wear them. “It’s gonna be a bumpy ride.”
- Travel light – Don’t let the zombies get you down.
- Don’t be a hero – You’ll probably die doing it and being a zombie isn’t worth it.
- Limber up – You don’t want to pull a muscle whilst running, do you?
- When in doubt, know your way out – You’ll never know when you’ll need to escape, and fast.
- Double knot your shoes – The last thing you want is to fall flat on your face mid escape.
- The Buddy System – You never know, your buddy might just save your life.
- Check the back seat – You never know what’s lurking down there.
- Enjoy the little things – “Even if that means destroying a whole lot of little things.”
Flip Screen’s Extended Rules:
- Always fill up gas – You don’t want to run out mid-escape!
- Don’t place your trust with strangers – You never know what they’ll do.
- Load up/arm yourself with anything and everything that kills zombies – You never know when you’ll need it.
- Always have water – To keep you hydrated after all that running.
- Non-perishables are your friends now – Beans give you energy.
- If you’re in a bind, bottleneck method is your best bet – And will make a situation far less sticky
- Clear the room and cover all corners – Zombies are sneaky, and will appear when you least expect it.
- Stay away from windows – Zombies can see through them.
- Choose a practical vehicle and not a gas guzzler – Save your energy for when you really need it.
- Don’t go to large chain stores – That’s where all the people (and zombies) will be.
- Always shoot for the head – Don’t waste ammo on other areas, go for the kill.
- Travel in small groups – So not to be noticed.
- Don’t trap yourself in a room with only one exit – Then you’ll have less chance of escaping and more chances of (un)dying.
Here’s to hoping that you’ll survival in the case of a zombie apocalypse but before that happens don’t forget to catch Zombieland: Double Tap in theaters October 18, 2019.
“So until next time, remember: cardio, seatbelts, and this really has nothing to do with anything, but a little sunscreen never hurt anybody. I’m Columbus, Ohio from Zombieland, saying goodnight.”Colombus, Zombieland (2009)